Monday, May 10, 2010

awkward moments in the living room

Certain games are only meant for playing when you're alone or when nobody's in the same room with you because video games these days are not as innocent / bubbly as they were decades ago. Sex and nudity are no longer unorthodox elements in a game.

Last night I was getting through the final hours of Heavy Rain, which include an interactive sex scene and performing striptease. When I say interactive, it means you're required to input a sequence of commands as prompted for the game to progress. Okay I was exaggerating, it wasn't entirely a interactive sex scene, more of an interactive make out scene which eventually led to sex. Unfortunately players no longer have control over the character during the sex scene.




Oh boy, it was really awkward, thanks to the presence of my mom in the living room. I like having the volume really high when I enjoy my games; thus, the characters were moaning. Thanks to her headphones, she was too busy listening to her pop tunes and hardly paid attention to what I was doing. Perfect timing because my dad went out to buy his cigarettes so no one was watching but still, there was tension in the air. 

If you think that's not much or it doesn't qualify as nudity, check this one out folks. Too bad for you if you're sensitive to boobs. Oh anyways, it's just pixels. ;) It's the shower scene where players get a close view of Madison's boobs. This scene took place last week and fortunately my dad was in his computer room.


My point is, it's just uncomfortable when you're enjoying a game but at the same time you're wishing that others do not pay any attention to you just for the sake of reducing awkwardness. I might sound stupid here because I'm already 18, it's perfectly fine for me to be playing games with sexual content but it just feels weird doing so in the living room with my parents there.

I'm gonna do a few more playthroughs to get the all the trophies. In other words, these awkward moments are inevitable.

A simple conclusion can be drawn from this, getting my own lcd/plasma is essential for full gaming comfort and enjoyment. 

Lest you have no idea what the hell is Heavy Rain, please don't make ridiculous judgments, no it's not a stupid sex hentai game. I don't dig those stuff. Those games are catered to horny people who love looking at japanese/anime looking chicks with huge breasts cry in pain when the male character inserts his very-- I think I better not go in detail. 

3 comments:

Jefferychan May 12, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

heavy rain, just got the game back from my friend. and yeah, I'll also need a new TV to play my PS3 games. I tried once playing GOW3's sex scene in front of my father -.- Thank God he's busy playing with the PC and somehow ignored me >.< Awkward

Yukana vi Britannia May 13, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

I've forgotten how many time have I literally LOL-ed while I go thru your posts.

Me no gamer but this shows that games are getting more and more... erm... user friendly? In the sense that you can even control the make out scenes.

There was once I was watching Fate Stay Night with my brother on TV and there was somehow a scene that LOOKS like a make out scene and I had to fast forward it cause my dad was telling me to fast forward it after we stared at it for a few seconds. In that few seconds all of the sudden the atmosphere felt so heavy.

Heavy Rain. Will take note of that in case my brother accidentally 'bumped' into that game.

Anonymous May 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

hrmm... now I feel like such a silly fool. The hinted but not so blatant sex scenes in Assassin's Creed II had me squirming and spamming the buttons in some hope it would skip the cinematic. I don't think I'll survive Heavy Rain at this rate ..
lol.
and my parents were there.
and they were like "..is this why you wanted the game so bad?"
D:
Nooooooo!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP