Thursday, March 18, 2010

saving Lightning

After about 1 week of waiting plus the everyday mailbox checking, the long awaited gem has finally arrived!

BEHOLD!


Is it me or the cover appears to be 'glossy'? This boxart is definitely better than the one with only the game title written on it. Yes I know they have some pretty artwork behind FF but Lightning's trademark pose is unbeatable!


The booklet/manual. Let's take a look the first 2 pages because they feature clear shots of Lightning. Yes I have conditional love for those characters but who gives a damn?

That smoking hot BAMF pose again! HAH! Okay okay, I'll try being fair this time and post a shot of the main cast.


Had the chance to play the game for one hour before dinner and damn, the game's such a fine piece of artwork. The graphics will definitely make you go like "holy shit!".

First impressions :

  1. Lightning is hot.
  2. The cast reminds me of FFX's Al-Bheds, is that how you spell that anyway?
  3. Gorgeous setting, looks like there's a lot to be explored.
  4. Once again, it feels very much like FFX, feels like home to be. FFX was the first FF game I played on the PS2 and this is the first FF for the PS3.
  5. Enjoyable battle system. I really dislike the one that FFXII uses, it doesn't feel like FF to me. ATB turn based battles are back with deadlier moves! I can only control one character? I'm hoping it'll let me control the party later on.
  6. Easy to listen to music, the battle theme is kinda stuck in my head already. Hopefully the rest of the soundtrack won't be as annoying or mundane as X-2's or XII.
  7. Incredibly cool interface when the menu is brought up, you can see the characters' picture clearly unlike previous FF games.
See, now I'm even more demotivated to go to Leadership Camp which is happening tomorrow. Tch. Speaking of which, I haven't even packed! Alright alright, it's only 3 days long then I'll be able to spend most of my time playing this. *sighs* after all, FFXIII is my raison d'etre for purchasing the Playstation 3.

Take note that yours faithfully will be blogging more often about FFXIII from today onwards. :)

Till then I'll be so called camping in Gopeng, Perak.
And I'm starting to think that phones which are too smart is quite a challenge to use.

1 comments:

Anonymous September 27, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

Oh cool! Final Fantasy X-2 was actually the first FF game I played. I didn't understand it so I went and played FFX. It was awesome.
Hope and Vanille sound annoying to me too. And Lightnign IS smokin' HOT!
FFX-13 looks so cool @o@ Wish i could buy it T_T

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP