Wednesday, July 15, 2009

like this and that

Last weekend was quite fun. Went back to Ipoh for Anugerah. I think the school is a TAD cheapskate. I'm not badmouthing the school, just stating the obvious. Why can't they give the student a trophy that they can keep at home? It kinda sucks when you can just hold the trophy when you go on stage. Pure lameness. Oh wells, at least those were moments of bliss. And I can't believe someone overslept. Thus, her mom came to represent her. Amazing.

Went to Parade after that to meet up with Ken-Ann. Also met Audrey there. This is the part where my anger kicks in. Bought Strawberry Panic and FFVII : CC OST. Seriously, I find the packing for the anime really shitty, so I did some online research and found out that practically every single anime in Malaysia are bootleg ones. Yes, all those anime you see in Anime Tech, Friendly Records, and even old-time Speedy are indeed FAKE ONES. FAKE. Have you been buying most of your anime from there? If you have been doing that, you're fucked and I'm surprised how you can understand those shitty subtitles.

Don't ask me why I know they're fake because it's so damn prominent that they ARE FAKE. First reason, how can they fit so many episodes into 1 single DVD? It's impossible unless you really compress the frame rates, res, and so on. This explains why I used 2 DVDs to burn the same amount of episodes. Next reason, the subtitles are absolutely horrendous. They don't make sense at all. Thirdly, the box sucks. Originals are always comes in nice neat packaging. Not like these cheap ass ones. And forthly, the price, it's quite cheap. I used to think because it's localized but the reason why is because they aren't originals! How depressing. If it's like that, let's all stick to fansubs! Fan subs are better in every way. Higher quality, great subtitles (they even include explanation when it's too hard to understand the proverbs, etc) and they even have subtitles for the OP and ED!!! Most of all, it's free.

Fuck. Fortunately the ratio of my downloading to purchasing genuine stuff is 999 : 1. So far I've only got 3 so called original anime.

Bought this a few years back. I was skeptical back then but I choose to ignore those thoughts of mine because of the TULEN sticker.

This one is the worst, they recorded the anime from one of the anime channels. I've forgotten the name of the channel.

And this will be the last time I get scammed!

Seriously, this is extremely disappointing. I've heard crap like battling piracy. Is this the way Malaysia plans to battle piracy? I don't know how many people are being cheated out there. Can you believe that they are actually selling bootlegs with a TULEN sticker there? Geez.






0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP