Monday, September 14, 2009

i suck at coming up with titles

This is the best Bolognese spaghetti on earth. Absolutely heavenly. Money can't buy it.

I find it exasperating when someone goes around asking for donation when you're happily having your meal.

No, I'm not heartless, mind you, but these people can really be annoying after you read my story. So I was having a drink today while Eric was having his early dinner. Then this girl came to us. According to her, she said she's from some kinda Ihaven'theardbeforethatnameCollege. Not that I wasn't paying attention, she was talking quite fast and her English sounded really weird, weird accent. Was it even accent? It doesn't matter. Let's not digress.

She explained, more like kept convincing us that she isn't a bad person. She even asked us whether we're scared of her. What the heck? We're too old to be afraid of you. Seriously. If you're really from a college, most probably you're practically the same age as us. As expected from someone who asks for donation, she presented her documents (approved by the Government) and photos of the children who are having some kinda disease. A disease which causes them to lose the ability to talk and move if I'm not wrong. It was difficult to catch what she was trying to convey. At the end of her short little speech, she asked us to buy the stickers to show our support and love and care and help, whatever you call it. One sticker is at priced at RM 10.00. Being the skeptical and thrifty Crystal, I politely declined by saying No Thanks. Still, she kept persuading us. Total Pest! After a few more tries, she gave up. When she left, she was cursing under her breath! Do I look as if my hearing is impaired?

Thumbs up for someone who comes out to do such kind things. Is that how someone should behave when he or she comes out to solicit money from the public? We have rights not to donate. Get over it. I hope you don't get too annoyed by the end of the day and bang your head in the wall just because people chose not to donate.

First of all, I didn't even know whether her documents are real or not. To be frank, I'm too stupid to distinguish the differences between a fake and a truly certified document. I believe it's a piece of cake to photoshop documents so that they have such effects. Oh no, wait, it actually can be done by using Words. Besides, the photos can be easily obtained from websites. All in all, it didn't really seem genuine. Gah, she's such a biatch.

I've watched a couple of new movies, namely, Gamer, Final Destination 4 and Orphan.

Gamer is mediocre, same goes for Final Destination 4. Apparently the FD4 which is aired in Malaysia has been edited. Many violent scenes were taken out. Is it true? Anyone who has watched it in cinema ought to know this. I'm not really sure but that was what I heard from a couple of adults. So, I ended watching the not-so-official version of it. It's FD anyways, the previous ones didn't have any special storyline or plot so what can you really expect from this? The whole point of watching is just to see how each character dies in an unique way. I'd say a beautiful death for each one of them.

Was expecting more from Gamer but I was a tad disappointed. The trailer looked profoundly exciting! The movie isn't as great but I do like the concept of the games that they have in the movie. How cool is THAT!? When will we have such things in real world? Hopefully some brilliant programmers will pick up from there and start implementing such games. It'd be cool, except for dying in reality. The movie doesn't have much plot or whatsoever. Meh.

Next movie that I watched; Orphan. In fact, I watched this like an hour ago? Or maybe less than that? Initially, the movie gives the audience the feeling that it's just your typical this-child-is-evil-and-sick-and-will-kill-you movie. It's not. The story was really well written. I'm sure most viewers would be surprised. The theme of the movie is quite dark though. You might not wanna watch it if you think Incest is gross. I think incest is gross too but in actual fact, it's not all about incest. It's more than that. Isabell Fuhrman, the main actress who plays Esther, the creepy girl in the poster is incredibly talented. She did a wonderful job playing Esther, really brings out the dark psycho side of her. Was watching her interviews on Youtube just now. She looks so different! Got to say I'm quite enthralled by her. Looking forward to her upcoming projects. =)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP