Sunday, September 27, 2009

red, yellow and purple

Just had to share this. I'd be in seventh heaven if my fridge was like this throughout the year.

It has been really tiring since Raya holidays and it'll not be any better this week since there will be another damn replacement on Saturday. Replacements are okay but why must they save cost by switching off the air conditioners in the corridors and labs? Utterly farcical. Hotness leads to less comfort and less comfort leads to loss of attention. Cheap skate.

Mom was watching I Wanna Be a Model on tv8 and I stopped mopping the floor because something, no, someone caught my attention. There was this local boy band performing. To my horror, they look like an unsophisticated version of Big Bang. You know, those tight skinny jeans, geeky glasses and of course let's not forget the oversized sneakers. I don't know what brand BB wears because I'm not really a huge fan of them but I'm 101% sure this local boyband (which goes by the name FRIENDZ) wears Supra sneakers. Supra shoes are actually really nice shoes per se. These boys wearing those Supra kinda undermined the greatness of the shoes. Not only they imitated BB's looks but I was able to spot many similar dance moves. The only major difference is that their dance moves weren't synchronized at all! Worse, they kept hitting flat notes. It's either flat notes or the lyrics can't be heard because they can't hit the required key at all. To sum it all up, they were struggling and not many people clapped in the end.

Coincidentally, I saw a similar boyband performing at Sungai Wang today. They were serenading the crowd with "When You Say Nothing at All" by Ronan Keating. It was so obvious that they were too, struggling with the performance. One of the boys actually sang "the true in your eyes" instead of "the truth in your eyes". When you're an amateur performer and also when you're poor at speaking a certain language, why not just stick to your mother tongue? That'd make you look better, and hopefully sound better as well.

Geez, musicians nowadays consist of such people.
If that's the case, can I be a musician too? *squeals*

End of September draws near and this is the time of the year where most of my friends will be celebrating their birthday. I actually have a confession to make. Crystal has really really poor memory when it comes to birth dates so if I've forgotten yours, please do forgive me. Seriously it's just something that can't be helped. Last time it wasn't this bad because Friendster has birthday reminders. Unfortunately, I do not log in Friendster anymore; thus, I can't remember the birth dates of you guys out there. The only person's birthday I can remember is my mom's. As if it's not embarrassing enough, two days ago, I asked my friend whether her birthday was on that day itself. (lol) Ever since then, I realized I suck at remembering dates because I remembered she told me her birth date a few weeks back.


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP