Sunday, January 24, 2010

too much candy is gonna rot your soul

I know I made an oath to update this blog as frequent as possible but it has been quite a challenge to do so because of the things that I had to attend to during the past 6 days or maybe I just do not have the motivation to blog as frequent as my friends do. I've always wondered where do they draw their inspiration or motivation from? Or perhaps I'm just too lazy? There are many possibilities but someone mentioned last week that I'm too "keras" to blog about everything which happens in my life. She did not clearly define what she meant by "keras". I'd take the word literally. There is some truth in what she said. I do not blog every single thing which happens in my life, especially the ones which are too solemn  or depressing to be mentioned here. Who would want to read something which emits negative vibes? And which is why sometimes I'd rather not update. I have to be in certain moods to update my blog or else there will be full of "fucks" in my blog.

Like I said, this week has been quite a hectic one for me and most probably it's because of the stupid replacement classes that we had today so that we do not have to go for classes during Chinese New Year. The day was long as I was compelled to follow my parents to attend my supposedly Godfather's son's wedding. Complicated. To make it simpler my long distant cousin brother's wedding. The speeches weren't as moving as compared to the wedding dinner which I attended last week. Personally, I think this is due to his really young age. He's only in his early 20s. However, I got really excited when one of their slide shows utilize Mika's song as the BGM, Lollipop. I believe my parents rolled their eyes when I did a fangirl squeal. And of course my dad never misses the chance to insult my interests. He said, "Your Mika sounds like some character from Sesame Street".

The music video for Lollipop. A nicely animated video. It's extremely colorful, which makes up for the dark lyrics. Heck, the song is so upbeat, listeners would be fooled into thinking that it's a happy happy song.


Because of my packed activities these past 6 days, I had no trouble sleeping at all. In fact, the lethargy accumulated by the end of the day made me slept around 12.45, the latest. I'm pretty content with current sleeping patterns. Months back, I had trouble when it comes to sleeping. Used to toss and turn for about 1 hour ++ before I could really fall asleep and when I did, I'll wake up a few times throughout the whole night/morning.

Ever since I've started taking Psychology, things which happen around me have made me perceive them in different ways and also I think it's pretty coincidental that many materials that I've started watching or reading are very Psychological. Even the fan fictions that I read are psychological, it had me googling on the net about the theories - Oedipus Complex, Electra Complex and also a few other theories which are not so psychological. Coincidentally, the anime that I've been watching a lot lately, Neon Genesis Evangelion attributes to a few Psychology theories. Very intriguing. It's either coincidences or it is because I've developed an awareness to things like these. To make things better, I'm kinda required to keep a dream journal because we're currently studying about dreams. I have to go and type my first entry. now. Had a really funny dream last night starring my friend, Leong Qianyun. Not gonna go into details. *lol*

Anyways, it's a very nice Sunday today. Finally a day off and hopefully I'm permitted to stay at home because there's a whole load of things to be done at home. Have a great weekend everyone, they're rare! :D

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP