Saturday, February 26, 2011

how musicians' hiatus can be detrimental to fans

If you like an artist, how do you gauge it? What draws the line between an ordinary and a die-hard? For me, it's simple. This doesn't necessarily have to be a musician, it can be anything. My obsessions/fascinations draw out the 'little kid' in me who's more excited, happier and speaks illogically; quite the opposite compared to the usual indifferent me. (Oh btw my mom calls me a tree, no idea how's that related but apparently it has something to do with the branches being blown by the wind). 

So last week during one of the classes, a guy suddenly walked in with this black shirt which looks like this.


Photo isn't very clear because it's a direct scan from somewhere; I've forgotten where. Not like that matters (my apologies to the one who scanned it). Anyways, it's an official Utada shirt which was released prior to her hiatus. There's a drawing of 'kuma' or in English-- bear. Fans will know well how Kuma is representative of Utada. (There's a song dedicated to her bear-- which I really dislike, she takes photographs of her bear, the bear gets to travel with her on her tours, she bathes her bear and the list goes on). 

The point is this, the guy was wearing this shirt and I got so excited; hence, the processing in my mind went haywire. Apparently, I said 'Oh My God' very loudly for a few times because I didn't think that someone in Malaysia would be wearing it. (IIRC, the procedures are pretty tedious, not all credit cards work and so forth; on a side not, it's fucking unfair how Japanese people always get the coolest things). So I kept probing that guy for more information which really led to a negative outcome. I think I kinda scared him because he doesn't look like one who's very fond of talking. And I thought Utada fans should love each other and stop being so mean to each other. Anyways, the guy was even using Metal Gear Solid file. So, I'm envious beyond words.

That's that. Prevalently, Crystal won't go around screaming her head off and grinning stupidly unless there's something which really aroused her emotionally.

Back to the issue of being a fan. Most fans can't tolerate it when others speak ill of their their idols. Haters gonna hate so why bother much? But I think what makes a fan a true fan is this, willing to accept your idols' shortcomings And if it's okay with you, it's even better when you're fine with making fun of them like this.





Sex-ed up titles of Utada's songs.
Seriously, fans can get really bored when their favorite musicians go on hiatus.

Heart Station - Virgin Station
Can You Keep a Secret? - Can You Keep it Hard?
Simple & Clean - Sex & Cum
Tokyo Nights - Tokyo Nights (I Hope I Get Raped)
Show Me Love(Not a Dream) - Show Me Dick(Not a Dildo)
Be My Last - Be My Fuck/Come At Last
Colors - Condoms
Wait and See - Wait and Pee
Fight the Blue - Fight the Juice
Kremlin Dusk - Kremlin Fuck
First Love - First Dick
Boku wo Kuma - Boku wo Cuma
Keep Tryin' - Keep Fuckin'
Uso Mitai Na I Love You - Uso Mitai Na I Fuck You
Gentle Beast Interlude - Gentle Breast Interlude
Kiss and Cry - Kiss and Cum
Goodbye Happiness - Goodbye Virginity
Flavor of Life - Flavor of Cum
Stay Gold - Stay Hard
You Make Me Want to Be a Man - You Make Me Want to Fuck a Man
Beautiful World - Beautiful Whore
Addicted to You - Addicted to Blow
Devil Inside - Dick Inside

5 comments:

Yukana vi Britannia February 27, 2011 at 3:26 AM  

Like seriously??? Are they like bored or something?

Its pretty sad to see them act like that.

Crystal February 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM  

I'm one of them. Lol. And yes, we're bored because of her hiatus. :(

Eric Lim March 1, 2011 at 6:27 PM  

I lol'd.

Raul-kun March 30, 2011 at 3:52 PM  

i've been a fan for 8 years but I never thought of sexed-up titles :P

Anonymous April 4, 2011 at 10:08 AM  

LOL OH BOY! I really love Utada's songs but this made me laugh 'til i cried x'DDDDD aweseome, very good
seriously, boring fans rocks xD

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP