Wednesday, December 10, 2008

EAT ME, DRINK ME

Finally received my birthday gift from Zhen Min. It's really special. Special as in the process of getting the gift. Here's the story.

This morning at 11 plus, she phoned me.

ZM : Go check your mail box, I already left the gift in your mailbox.
Me : Huh? What? Are you sure it's the right house?
ZM : Yeah.
Me : 21?
ZM : Yeah, go check but I'm not sure whether it's that house.
Me : ...
ZM : I thought no one was at home so I just left it there and I was afraid that your mom will come out yelling at me.
Me : Uh okay, I'll check. *checks* (fyi the mailbox is full with weird tools and there's a lizard inside so I had to actually muster my courage to check it) Don't have lah. WRONG HOUSE IS IT?
ZM : Oh my god (I have no idea how many times she repeated this. Lol)
Me : Should've phoned me right? Now how?
ZM : I lost your number and I had to ask from 5 friends to get your number. I'm at home right now.
Me : ... uh ask someone to fetch you there to get it?
ZM : I'm with my grandma and she can't drive. (and I think she mentioned something about her mom isn't home)
Me : Well I guess I have to wait for my mom or grandpa to get back.
ZM : What time will they be back?
Me : Uh, 5 plus.
ZM : Oh my god. The owner of the house would've taken the gift.
Me : THEN HOW?
ZM : Walk to the house and get it.
Me : You said it's 21 right? How can there be so many 21s in one single taman? *swt*
ZM : I don't know. Just walk lahhh.

So in the end I decided to walk. My biggest concern was being chased by dogs. It was super super hot. I walked till the opposite end and there wasn't any 21 house. So I phoned her again.

Me : Don't have lah. You dropped it off at 121 is it?
ZM : No, it's 21.
Me : Describe the house.
ZM : I think it's brownish orange. There's a grandpa chair. There's a small field with a few medium sized plants and there's a bell above the mailbox. (I thought she really meant a BELL, a friggin BELL)
Me : That's my house LAH! ...uh what bell?
ZM : Those white electronic bell but it isn't working anymore.
Me : (oh that kinda bell) okay lah I'll walk back to check.

So I walked back to my house and I kept digging the mailbox. By the time I finished, the weird tools were scattered all over the floor. Then suddenly I remembered my grandpa came back. Most of the time he's in charge of checking the mail. I phoned him and asked him whether he took anything from the mailbox. He said he took something like a CD and he actually placed the CD near the stack of newspaper which is supposed to be recycled. Wtf. Fuhhh, I went to search and fortunately it was there. Quickly phoned Zhen Min. The whole process was 1 hour long. Then I unwrapped the package.

It's...


a MARILYN MANSON CD! I was kinda surprised. My first MANSON CD. w00t! Awesome.
THANK YOU ZHEN MIN! ZHEN MIN IS <3. HAHA, she said she had to ask the police and look at the map to find my house. LOL.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP