Saturday, March 7, 2009

the beginning is the end is the beginning


Watchmen.

Have you watched the trailer? You should. It looks awesome, really. I was very excited when I first saw the preview a week back.



Have you watched the movie? No? Well, don't bother wasting money on this movie. I'd suggest you to wait for a clear copy of the dvd, then download it, don't even bother purchasing the original one. Why? Mundane, really. Utterly disappointing.

It has really cool characters and each of them has quite an interesting personality. Rorschach especially. Too bad they fucked up the movie by making it so long. It's so damn draggy. The beginning is really slow with a few random flashbacks. Like what Audrey said, in the middle, it has too many parts which are irrelevant. The ending was the best because that's when there are real action scenes. That's the whole point of these kinda movies which are adapted from comics, right? Storytelling is important but who wants to watch a superhero movie without good fight scenes? The fighting scenes are kinda weak compared to other movies which fall in the same category as this. The first one in the beginning was good though.

Rorschach. Dude's voice sounds like the MC from MGS series.

Notice how blur is that part. Why? They even censor it in the movie. Surprisingly, he wears a huge black underwear during the war.

So you'll be watching a 3 hours long movie. You wouldn't really have any clue what's going on in the first 2 hours? They go on and on about the same thing until the last hour. That's when you finally realize the whole point of the movie. I'd say that the plot is weak, it was kinda obvious who the villian is from the very beginning. Nothing fascinating, no wow factor, I wasn't shocked. The special effects are profound eye candy but overall it's boring. I'm so surprised that I did not fall asleep in the cinema today and most probably it was because I almost peed. It was so lengthy so I kept thinking this must be the ending, that must be the ending, no, this time is surely the ending. God. Well, there is one thing that I enjoyed, the music is not so bad. Hah, I didn't even watch the whole thing. The minute they opened the doors, I quickly walked to the toilet.

The movie itself has a few funny scenes which are quite memorable.

Theme song is cool. I'm always bias when it comes to 'dark' theme songs.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP