Monday, March 23, 2009

sit on my wall

I've always enjoyed reading those short articles written by Mary Schneider. Her articles makes me ponder a lot, about various issues. Anyway today's article is an interesting read, everyone should read it especially if you're not sure which path to take after SPM. Click here.
So why is it that when you mention things such as Design, Music, Hotel Management and Culinary Arts, people will perceive those as courses which will only be taken by people who has low academic qualifications. Total bullshit. I know many people thinks so out there but I think it's ludicrous. I'll quote something great from her article.

Inevitably, comparisons were made with her brother, who is studying computer science and mathematics in the United States on a scholarship.

“Computers. Now, that’s something,” they would say. “There’s a future in computers.”

Like, there’s not a future in eating?

Like people will stop eating. As if people will stop designing things for ads, campaigns, the media, etc. As if people can live without music. As if people will stop recruiting sound engineers and technicians for events. I can rant all day but I'll just keep it short. As if people will stop living in hotels and those people working there will become jobless. There's a future in everything, in everything you choose you pursue. I just can't comprehend when most adults out there keep telling their children to go for IT, medicine, engineering, etc and at the same time, they brainwash their kids by telling them arts related studies have no prospect at all.


Right now I'm quite thankful that I didn't choose to get PSP3000 because 2000's screen isn't as bad as what people say. It's quite okay and at least I wouldn't need to burn a whole in my wallet each time I get a new game. Selfish hackers. Gah. Frankly, I'm quite impressed by Crisis Core. (yes I know it's quite old and I'm quite oudtated) It's so fun and friggin' addictive even though I did not complete FFVII. Once I have the mood, I'll try my best to complete it and ignore PSone's shitty graphics. Could somebody tell me why Sephiroth looks hotter in CC than the one in AC? >_>


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP