Friday, April 3, 2009

saving face


Took me 2 months to download this movie (torrent dl). I'm so glad I didn't stop halfway because of the small amount of seeds. It was as if it'll take forever to complete. The movie was released in 2004. I still remember watching an interview with these ladies on our local tv channel. It was very short but they did show several clips from the movie.

Anyways, it's such a fucking awesome movie. I've watched it twice. Watched it yesterday and I just watched it an hour ago. Crystal can be so scary sometimes. =o

What makes it special? It's an American Chinese romantic comedy. Romance + comedy = greatness, because there's no unnecessary bullshit, which also means no unnecessary crying. It's 50% in english, 50% in mandarin. Fortunately it comes with subtitles because most funny lines are in mandarin. Back to the story, it focuses on a surgeon who fell in love with a ballerina. Besides, surgeon's mom is in her late 40s and she just got pregnant. Everyone is shocked, without any clue who's the man responsible for the baby. Basically the movie's theme is more to being brave enough to love regardless of the age, gender, etc.

The movie is easy to relate to because of the cultural aspects. I'm a chinese, they're chinese. The taboos, etc., I've heard, watched...experienced them before. Next great thing about this movie, it's not those lustful kinda lgbt movies. People, watch this movie even though you're not gay. It's available on youtube. Just watch it for educational purpose. Did I mention that Will Smith produced this movie? =) and one last thing, the actresses are hot.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP